Monday, November 13, 2017

ESG: Gratitude List * 2017 edition

Like most everyone, I'm thankful for family, friends, faith and freedom most of all. This year, I thought I'd dive a little deeper to things that might otherwise get missed on a Top 10 list, even though I'm grateful for them.

These are completely random and in no particular order - Enjoy!


  1 - Humility 
  2 - Authenticity
  3 - Intentionality
  4 - Vision
  5 - Quiet time
  6 - Integrity
  7 - Heaven
  8 - Fragrance
  9 - Conscience
 10 - Warmth


OK - told you it was a different type of list...at least, for me it is.  But these are 10 things that I truly am grateful for, and woven together, they make me who I am.

We all have different roles and responsibilities, and when I compare good times vs. bad times, the difference between them usually has to do with the above qualities or traits.  Think about it.  

As a regional sales manager for a digital signage and software company, there are many ups and downs in my world.  When sales are strong, it's easy to love my job and be in a good mood.  When sales are weak, it gets ridiculously stressful, and that puts me in a bad mood, which makes it easy to be grumpy to those closest to me.  I drink and eat more - spend more money (retail therapy) - and escape whenever and however I can.  After feeling guilty for over-indulging, I reboot myself, and focus on what I know works.  Having the vision, intentionality, integrity and conscience - I remind myself that I'm doing the best I can, and things will work out, or they won't.  My stressing about it and sabotaging myself won't change anything.


As a wife and mom, same thing!  I can't control my husband or kids, but I can control my response to them.  I love my family more than anything, and I want what's best for each of them.  I raised my kids to think for themselves and to follow their dreams, so I'm learning to let them do what they think that looks like.  They have their own dreams and I don't expect them to fulfill mine.  
I added Heaven to my list, because I do believe that when we pass from this world, eternal life with God is going to put everything in perspective for us.  My faith is strong and makes me who I am, and while I hope yours is too, I don't try to convince anyone that it's "my way or the highway".  To me, faith is a very personal relationship with God, and I hope it is for you too.  

Warmth rounds out my list because I truly hate being cold!  I love hot weather and if I had my way, I would just hibernate from November until May.  One of my favorite memories from when my kids were little, was I'd be folding laundry right out of the dryer, and take a bath towel or blanket that was still warm, and wrap them up in it and snuggle a minute.  It did my heart good when my daughter, now 26, returned the favor the other night.  She washed her fluffy throw blanket, and came and covered me with it while I watched TV.  I loved the warmth - both from the blanket, but especially from her.


Fragrance is a new one for me.  I recently discovered the benefits of Essential Oils, and have been experimenting with different combinations in my diffuser, tea and bath.  Maybe it's in my mind, but I swear, I can tell a difference in how I feel.  My office smells like lavender, and it's amazing!

On that note, I'll bring this post to a close and get to work, intentionally, of course!  Thanks for reading my list and posting a rating on Swap-bot. 

Much love and thanks to all,

                    Ilyse - Happy Mom ❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mom's Favorite Photos - September

 Hello friends and swappers!  Here are my favorite photos from September for the ESG Swap on Swap-bot.  I love sharing photos, so if you car...