Sunday, November 5, 2017

That Was Then...This Is Now

I had no idea how difficult it would be to narrow down what to share for this swap!  I decided to post these on my blog so I could share a few extras and some details.

First - when my husband and I met in 1981, he was the drummer of a band called “Snuff” and I was the Program Director of a local radio station “XL102”.  We got married in 1985, and he was still playing music, but once we started our family, he got a ‘real’ job. 😀  He eventually became a Contemporary Christian Worship leader, and now pastors 3 little churches.  He still plays music, and I’m still in awe of his talent.  One reason radio was a good fit for me, was because I've always loved music, but could never sing well or play an instrument - but I had a good ear and could ‘pick the hits’ as we used to say.  So, the pictures I'm sharing are of my husband, Michael, and "Snuff" --

Snuff at outdoor concert in VA - 1982
Snuff reunion show, Nags Head, NC - 2013


       
Robbie-Scott-Michael-Cecil-Jimbo on Michael's last gig with Snuff, 1990

Rehearsal for the reunion, 2013
Michael-Norman-Robbie-Cecil-Robbin-Chuck
And here are two extras that I have framed here in my house.  The first is what I call "Dancing Through Time" - I wore my mom's wedding gown when Michael and I got married.  The second frame shows 3 pre-school graduations - Me, My daughter & me, My son & me.  I love these kinds of collections, and hope you've enjoyed mine.

1985 - 1954
1998 - 1996 - 1960
















Thanks for visiting - Remember to post a rating, so I know you've received my swap!

Cheers,
Ilyse - Happy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mom's Favorite Photos - September

 Hello friends and swappers!  Here are my favorite photos from September for the ESG Swap on Swap-bot.  I love sharing photos, so if you car...