Wednesday, November 1, 2017

My Favorite Photo Swap - October - From Happy Mom

Hello Swappers and Friends!

Ohmygosh - October was another crazy-busy month here!  Can you even believe that the year has gone by so fast?  One of these days, I will surprise everyone, including myself, and start my blog post saying that it's been a BORING month!  Might be nice, for a change!  Truth be told though, I am never bored.  Even when things aren't busy around here, I always find things to do and ways to entertain myself.  I've been told that I'm my own best company - Ha!  Probably true!

Here are some fun pictures - my favorites - from October:

Road trip through SE Virginia cotton fields

Family time is always the best time, and this month, it was great having my son home for a few days.  Dinner out is always a treat!

    

Another favorite was a photo I snapped at the airport while waiting for my flight to NYC.  I glanced at an article that a person sitting near me was reading, and it caught my eye.  The headline states that nearly 40% of adults in the US qualify as "obese" -- I am so happy that I am not part of that 40% anymore.  I started a weight loss program last November, and have stuck with it for a full year.  I've lost almost 50 pounds and my numbers are now in the "normal" range.  
Reading someone else's paper

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Last print out from doctor's scale  
And, speaking of my trip to NYC -- 

I had the privilege of traveling up to my corporate office in Connecticut, to participate in the Breast Cancer walk there.  Every year, they have a team, and they solicit donations from the whole company.  I always make a donation, but this year, another Regional Manager and I traveled up for the event itself.  My co-worker and I both got great airfare rates to fly in to LaGuardia - she was coming from Denver, and I came from Richmond.  We met there and drove to Branford, CT - Our event planner/HR Director invited us to stay with her, so we had a girls pajama party :)  

While we were there, we ate dinner out, drank some great wine, went to an Oktoberfest celebration at a local brewery, toured the area… and of course, did the Breast Cancer Walk.  Before going back to LaGuardia to head home, we visited the 911 Memorial in New York City.  It was a very good weekend trip, and it made me happy to spend time with my co-workers, to raise money for a great cause, and to get more walking done in 3 days than I did all month!  LOL!  And on the flight home, I got some amazing shots of the sunset from the sky!

At Lighthouse Point Park

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

"The Marlin Mammaries"

911 Memorial - New York City
My view of the sunset from the flight home
I love sharing my favorite photos every month and hope you enjoy seeing them!  I always invite my Swap-bot partners to share their swaps with me, even when we're not automatically partnered - I am obsessed with looking at photos!  I'm on Instagram and SnapChat, so look me up.  Hope to swap again soon, and thanks for posting a rating so I know you've received this.  Have a great month!


1 comment:

Happy Mom's Favorite Photos - September

 Hello friends and swappers!  Here are my favorite photos from September for the ESG Swap on Swap-bot.  I love sharing photos, so if you car...