Wednesday, January 16, 2019

ESG: 10 Questions - from Happy Mom

Hello everyone!  I'm posting my swap here on my blog, and I'm glad you stopped by to read my answers πŸ˜€

I'm Ilyse Johnson - AKA Happy Mom on Swap-bot, and I live in the Richmond area of Central Virginia, in the USA. 

This picture was taken last week in San Antonio at our National Sales Meeting.  We stayed along the Riverwalk and had a very positive week.
And now.... on to the questions:

What's the most interesting thing you've read lately?
I just started John Bevere's book "Killing Kryptonite" and so far, it's very good!  He's one of my favorite Bible teachers and this book is already challenging me to think outside my comfort zone.

What's a fact about you that's not included in your Swap-bot profile?
I'm highly introverted!  I'm not shy, so most people are surprised to know that...but I'm always content to be home alone, doing my own thing and being in my 'happy place'!

Do you listen to any podcasts? Which ones? If not, what topics would interest you?
I occasionally listen to Gary Vee, Sandler Selling Skills or just anything random I land on while driving.  I would like to be more intentional about listening to motivational people.

If you were in charge of the playlist right now, which 5 songs would you play next?
I've got my SPOTIFY PLAYLIST I call "Heart of a Woman" on right now.  We're listening to:
  1. Overcoats - Nighttime Hunger
  2. CSNY - Find the Cost of Freedom
  3. Nashville Cast/Connie Britton - Stronger than Me
  4. Third Day - Soul on Fire
  5. Lauren Daigle - Come Alive (Dry Bones)

What's the best gift you've ever gotten?
My dad wrote me a beautiful letter when I left home for college, and I still have it today.  He poured his heart out about how proud he was that I was on a path he admired so much.  I have cherished it ever since, especially after he died.  He was an amazing father.

What's your favorite part about living where you live right now?
I grew up in the midwest and we always had a lot of snow every winter.  I moved further south for the more mild weather, but it's been cold here too!  Still, it usually is more mild and Virginia is a beautiful state.  Our neighborhood is quiet and safe - that means a lot!

Least favorite?
We are having one heck of a time with drainage in our yard and under our house.  We need to spend a small fortune on new French drains, tree trimming and new grass (again).  I look at old photos of our house, and when I see how full and thick our grass was years ago, it makes me so sad!  We're had so much rain the past 2 years that we truly live in one big mud puddle! 

What's something that people assume about you, that isn't true?
I have it all together πŸ˜€and don't have bad days or have to deal with drama.  I have it like most everyone else does - but I really do try not to let it get me down for too long!

If you had to sum up 2018 in three words, which would they be? 
Trying - Challenging - Busy

What event/trip/holiday are you most looking forward to?
My niece is getting married in June, and I'm excited about the wedding and being together with family again.  Our family is scattered between Vegas, Chicago, Indiana and Virginia...so, getting everyone together for a happy occasion is a treat!

That wraps up my answers....Thanks for swapping, and for posting a rating for me.  Enjoy your day!

Ilyse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mom's Favorite Photos - September

 Hello friends and swappers!  Here are my favorite photos from September for the ESG Swap on Swap-bot.  I love sharing photos, so if you car...