Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Spend the Day With Me - May 8th - from Happy Mom

Hello my friends and swappers!  Thanks for being part of "Spend the Day With Me" - these are fun swaps, aren't they?  I always wonder what people must think when they see me taking random photos like this 😀  Well, I chose today to take my photos because I'm on a road trip, and that's more interesting than an in-office day.

I packed my car and started out for my weekly BNI meeting this morning at 7:05.  We meet at a local country club, and it's always so pretty there, especially first thing in the morning.

Packed and ready to roll!
Nice out this morning!

   
Power Players BNI

Salisbury Country Club




















I left the club around 9:30 and headed to my first meeting in Covington, Virginia.  I stopped along the way to return calls and emails, and got to my appointment in plenty of time for my 2 PM meeting.  The meeting was at a huge paper mill and it went well.

Roadside stop

Paper Mill



















One of the emails I had received was from our HR manager.  She's putting together a Power Point as a tribute to our moms for Mother's Day, and she was asking everyone to send in a picture of our moms.  She said vintage, recent - anything would do, so sent this one that I could access from my Shutterfly account:
Mom, me and Michael backstage when his band opened
for James Brown at the Lone Star Cafe in NYC, mid-80's

After the meeting at the paper mill, I drove to Wytheville, Virginia...and I'm here for the night.   

I-64 / I-81
Refuel and bathroom break!
 Wytheville is a quaint and scenic town.  I checked in to the hotel and went to get some dinner around 6.  Caught a brilliant sunset after I ate!
Wytheville Historic Marker

Dinner


Sunset - heading back to hotel
So ... that was my day today.  More miles to cover tomorrow and Thursday, and then Home Sweet Home!  Have a good one every body, and please post a rating so I know you've received my swap.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mom's Favorite Photos - September

 Hello friends and swappers!  Here are my favorite photos from September for the ESG Swap on Swap-bot.  I love sharing photos, so if you car...