Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Getting to Know You #3 from Happy Mom on Swap-bot

Once again, I'm uploading my swap answers to my blog, and I hope you enjoy reading the post!

What is your favorite family vacation? 
We went to Hawaii for our 20th anniversary, in 2005.  I lived there in the 1970’s and my family had never been there.  They finally got to see the place I’ve been obsessed with ever since I left.  We had a great time!  Here’s a picture of the 4 of us:

Long flight from Virginia to Honolulu, but so worth it!
November, 2005

 
If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking or yard work?
Definitely yard work!  We need some serious TLC here.  I’d like to replace the azalea bushes in front of the house and figure out why our grass won’t grow all around.  We could use a new deck, storage shed and overall clean up too.  When can you come?!

Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
My family called me “Leesie” and still do.

In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie or read?
Watch a movie.  Or binge-watch something on Netflix.

How would your friends describe you?
I hope they’d say that I’m dependable, honest and a good friend.  I try to follow-through with my commitments, and it drives me nuts when others don’t.

What are your hobbies?
Mostly mail-related – like pen pals, swapping FBs, postcards, voice message letters.  I also enjoy traveling, but I don’t know if that’s really a hobby.

What is the best gift you have been given?
Being a wife and mom…and eternal life!

What is the worst gift you have received?
I’ve never gotten any bad gifts!

What's your favorite zoo animal?
The Giant Pandas at the National Zoo in DC.  Or the giraffes at the Metro Richmond Zoo – love them all!

How many pillows do you sleep with?     2

Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence?
Can’t I have both?  Please?  If I absolutely had to choose, I’d rather be intelligent than gorgeous.

What's your favorite holiday?
My birthday. 

What's your favorite snack?
Fruit in the summer or cheese and crackers in cooler weather.

What's your favorite type of foreign food?
Depending on how it’s cooked, I usually like Vietnamese or Asian food – not greasy or fried, and made with super-fresh organic veggies.

What's your favorite fast food chain?
The only fast food I eat is Chipotle every once in a while, and lately, I’ve not been too crazy about it. 

What's your favorite family recipe?
Any comfort-food casseroles.  Our latest favorite is called Cheeseburger Pie.

Do you love or hate roller coasters?
I love them, but they hate me!

Do you collect anything?
Postcards, Willow Creek figurines, Starbucks “You Are Here” coffee mugs, Tervis Tumblers

How many languages do you speak?
Just one – English. 

What is one thing you will never do again?

Never say never!  But one thing I probably won’t do again, sadly, is ever live in Hawaii again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mom's Favorite Photos - September

 Hello friends and swappers!  Here are my favorite photos from September for the ESG Swap on Swap-bot.  I love sharing photos, so if you car...