This was a fun swap on Swap-bot, so I thought I'd post my answers here :) Enjoy!
1. How would you explain love to somebody who had never heard of it before?
I would explain that love is an emotion that makes people do goofy things. Symptoms include getting tongue-tied when trying to talk to someone you think you love…putting someone else before yourself…or feeling like your world might end if you had to live without the person you love. The Christian in me would explain that God is Love, and Love never fails. ❤ (Nothing like starting with an easy question, huh?!)
- What toppings do you like to put on your pizza?
Extra cheese, pepperoni, onions, green pepper, mushrooms
- Where are you most likely to be at 8:00 on a Saturday night?
On my couch watching TV or on the computer working on mail.
- Where is the funniest place you have ever fallen asleep?
OMG – I hadn’t thought about this in years….but I was in a meeting with a former boss, and I was fighting sleep so badly! It was just him and me, and I nodded out. He must have thought I was high or something, but I wasn’t!
- What is your favorite thing about your dad?
My dad was an amazing man…he taught me what “unconditional love” is all about. My favorite thing about him was the special relationship we shared. I was “Daddy’s Girl” through and through.
- What is your favorite thing about your mom?
My mom was amazing as well. She was a trailblazer for women in the financial services world, and my favorite thing about her was how she excelled in everything. One of her favorite says was, “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.” Taught me a lot about doing my best all the time.
- Who was your best friend growing up and are you still friends?
In elementary school, my best friend was Jackie, and yes, we’re still friends on Facebook, but she lives in Illinois and I’m in Virginia. We haven’t seen each other in about 18 years.
- What job did you have that you would never want again?
Bartender. Couldn’t take the people, noise or hours!
- Would you rather be rich or healthy?
Healthy – Without health, the money isn’t much fun.
- What did you do during your childhood summers?
Summer camp – such great memories! I attended day camp until I was 9, and the summer I turned 10, I went to overnight camp. I was terribly homesick at first, but the camp was an incredible influence on who I am today.
- What do you do now during your summers?
Work – try to take some long weekend road trips and get to the beach at least once.
- What is your favorite season of the year?
SUMMER! I live for hot weather.
- How do you manage stress?
Prayer, wine, tears and hard work.
- Have you ever been on TV?
Yes, co-hosted the Jerry Lewis Telethon in Rockford, IL one year – probably 1978 or 79. And, I voiced hundreds of TV commercials, but wasn’t on-camera for those.
- Who taught you to drive?
The PE teacher at my high school.
- Would you like to know ahead of time the day you were going to die?
Hmmm… My first thought was no, but I’m not so sure. I could see advantages in knowing, but I kind of like not knowing too. If I knew the day, but not the ‘how’ – I would be a basket case!
- How old do you want to live to?
I don’t care. I’d rather die sooner if my quality of life wasn’t good…but if life is good, I’d like to stick around long enough to see my kids get married and have their own kids too.
- If you were going to skip one meal, which one would it be?
Breakfast. I’m not a breakfast person, so I usually have a protein shake in the morning.
- What do you remember about your grandfather?
Grandpa Leo (dad’s dad) was a Yellow Cab driver in Chicago. I remember playing with his coin changer. Grandpa Norm (mom’s mom’s second husband) smoked cigars and was mean. My mom’s father died when she was 14 – I’m named in memory of him.
- What do you remember about your grandmother?
I remember Grandma Shirley (dad’s mom) being a great cook and I loved how she doted on my brother and me. Grandma Lil (mom’s mom) was a classy lady who drank martinis. She would let me eat the olive from her drink after she swished it around in her water glass.