Sunday, December 3, 2017

Swap-bot My Favorite Vacation

It's not like I've taken so many vacations, that it was difficult to choose which one to write about...but, of the few places I've been, it was harder than I thought.  There were great parts of every vacation!  But, I selected my first Presidents Club trip to share for this swap.  I hope you enjoy reading about it and seeing the pictures.

Presidents Club Trip, 2014
  1. Where did you go?  The trip was to Punta Cana, in the Dominican Republic.  We stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace - all inclusive premium resort, in an ocean-front suite with a hot tub on the lanai - Doesn't get better than that!  
  2. When did you go?  April, 2014
  3. How did you get there?  We flew from Richmond to Atlanta, to Punta Cana and back the same way.
  4. Who went with you?  My hubby, Michael
  5. Have you been to this location more than once? If not, would you like to go back?  I've only been there that one time, and I would definitely go back.  I had been to Santo Domingo on a cruise ship stop in 1974, which is also in the DR.
  6. Why was this your favorite?  This was my favorite because it was an honor to go with my company's Presidents Club.  Every year, the top sales reps get to go on an amazing trip.  I've been with the company for 7 1/2 years, and have been on 2 of these trips.  I selected this one because it was my first win, and it was such an amazing trip.  Our suite was HUGE - seriously - 3 bathrooms!  The lanai had a hot tub on it, right on the oceanfront, with an electric shade you could pull down for privacy.  
  7. Describe one memorable sight you saw there.  My most memorable sight was once we left the resort and travelled out to the jungle.  Of course, a luxury resort has beautifully-manicured landscape and incredible amenities, but once you leave that area, you see more of what island life is really like.  The area where we were was a mix of extreme wealth and poverty.  The island is so lush, and the jungle was so pretty.  We went zip-lining and I'll never forget how it looked and felt to fly through the trees!
  8. Do you have any special souvenirs from this trip? If so, what did you keep?  You know, I really didn't buy a lot while we were there.  My hubby bought a painting that he has framed in his office, but my best souvenir is a DVD from the trip that our event planner put together for us.  

I've included some of the pictures from our trip - Enjoy!  

Oceanfront fountain

Pool by the ocean

Amazing gounds


Pristine beaches

Two old folks zip-lining!

Swimming with the dolphins





Hope you enjoyed the pictures and my description of the trip.  I would love to win this year's trip too , as they're going to Mexico - another beautiful resort.  I still need some year-end sales to qualify, so wish me luck - If not this time, maybe next year!

Thanks for posting a rating for me on Swap-bot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mom's Favorite Photos - September

 Hello friends and swappers!  Here are my favorite photos from September for the ESG Swap on Swap-bot.  I love sharing photos, so if you car...