Friday, March 31, 2017

Something that made me happy this month



Hello all - It's nice to have a moment to reflect on happy things from March, and thankfully, I have a few to share!  Even though the video isn't from March, I hope you like the official Richmond Happy Video :)  I thought I'd include it here.

I am happiest that I got to travel to Las Vegas for a few days, to celebrate my aunt's birthday with her.  This is one amazing lady -- she's beaten cancer multiple times, deals with chronic health challenges and yet, she keeps living life!  She loves quilting and has created some amazing pieces on her new high-tech embroidery machine. I enjoyed seeing what she's working on now, and the finished pieces she's done - they are beautiful!  She didn't want her picture taken, but I took some in her sewing room and of the house - The weather was perfect while I was there.

Here are some pictures from my trip:


This is just a sample of all her supplies.
This is the embroidery machine.




Really pretty home in a quiet neighborhood.
Another reason to be happy in March was that SPRING has sprung!  I am not a fan of winter, and even though ours was incredibly mild this year, I was still happy to see it go.  I will share my photos on another swap, if you care to see them, but just know that I am a happy girl when I can open my windows and let in the fresh air!

And the last one I'll share here was that I got my taxes done without an extension this year....and my accountant has already filed them.  The best news?  We're getting money back this year - not a lot, but for the first time in 5 years, we don't owe.  Now THAT'S cause for a celebration!

Thanks for visiting my blog and hope to see you soon!


1 comment:

  1. I'd be also happy to visit Las Vegas (although I have been there last summer), though I think I would do different things. I'm also happy to hear that your aunt bote cancer so many times! *.* The spring arrived to Europe as well, and actually I got sunburnt yesterday :D Take care, and have a nice April too :)

    ReplyDelete

Happy Mom's Favorite Photos - September

 Hello friends and swappers!  Here are my favorite photos from September for the ESG Swap on Swap-bot.  I love sharing photos, so if you car...