Saturday, August 25, 2018

Scavenger Hunt - August - from Happy Mom

Hello Swappers & Friends!

Here are my photos for this month's Scavenger Hunt swap on Swap-bot.  Hope you enjoy seeing them, and please share your swap with me, if you'd like.  I always enjoy seeing everyone's photos - Thanks!

1 - Something cluttered:  I am happy to report that this is a "before" photo.  We had so much "stuff" piled in the backyard - under the deck - in the shed - leaned up against trees, etc...  Hubby finally pulled it all together, pitched some, stored some and got rid of most of it.  This is just one pile he sorted through.  Next step - New grass next Spring!

Why do we have all this????

2 - Something heart-shaped: I came across this chewed-up leaf and noticed that it was kind of in the shape of a heart.  I also received this cute heart-shaped trinket dish in a swap, and thought I'd share them both.
Trinket dish
chewed-up leaf


3 - Something I'm proud of:  These top 2 shelves on my bookcase display several things that I've proud of, so I took a picture of both shelves.  On the top shelf, you'll see 3 awards from the company I work for.  I've made the Presidents Club twice and received the Ian Mackenzie Award once.  These are based on being one of the top Regional Managers for the year.  You may have seen the photo in the back.  That's got my Mom and Dad at their wedding in 1954, and my Dad and me at my wedding in 1985.  I wore my mom's wedding gown, so it's the same dress in both photos, and the same man.  You also see the plaque that says SEEK GOD FIRST.  My faith is very important to me, and though I wouldn't say "proud" is a good description, I am very thankful for all the blessings in my life.  This is a great reminder to me, of one of my favorite scriptures: "Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

On the second shelf, you'll see some knick-knacks, along with another award from work (#1 New Business that year), and a drawing my son made me (in the black frame).  Very proud of everything!

Knick-knacks and awards
4 - Something older than me:  I passed this old church on a recent road trip to Harrisonburg, Virginia.  When I got home, I looked them up ONLINE and read that this building was built in 1918.

Otterbein United Methodist Church
5 - Beautiful or intriguing clouds:  I took this on a road trip to Virginia Beach.  My INSTAGRAM has lots of photos of clouds and skies, as I find them all fascinating!  

Virginia Beach Boardwalk 

So...there you have it!  Thanks for visiting and for posting a rating so I know you've received my swap.  Hope to swap again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mom's Favorite Photos - September

 Hello friends and swappers!  Here are my favorite photos from September for the ESG Swap on Swap-bot.  I love sharing photos, so if you car...